Sunday, October 14, 2012

Robert Frost Decoded

Robert Frost's poem "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" is the poem I read and have a response too.


I believe when Frost says, "Whose woods these are I think I know," he is referring to God, who's house is in heaven, and Frost made the "house in the village" seem so far away. Even though you cannot see God doesn't mean he is not watching. The things you do can seem a little odd to the people around you, but at the same time it is a reason for everything. In this case, the peace and serenity felt on that cold winter night, must of been soothing to the point you would want to stay and soak up the comfort (sounds odd I know). But the character in the poem knows that their is more important work to be done, and in the since of faith. If you ask the Lord to guide you, you have to be willing to walk, and that's the promise. Many miles to go because we never know what God has in store for us and while we are on earth, success doesn't come while you're sleep. When its time for us to rest and sleep that's the day the Lord will call us home.


Here is a poem that I wrote via my Tumblr that I feel is enlightening just like Robert Frost's "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening"

A Message To The World by Jordan Simmons

No comments:

Post a Comment