Sunday, March 18, 2012

How did Edgar Allan Poe influenced my poetry?

Poetry is a form of Artistic Expression 

      Edgar Allan Poe has influenced my ability to write poetry with a conscious. When I say a conscious, I mean the ability to express my inner feelings with out worrying about what the outside world has to say about it. Poe expresses his very own feelings and thoughts in his poetry and the courage it takes to write original art and be criticized in front of the world, virtually I feel has been passes to me. A very quiet guy, but in the inside has a lot to say. School tends to shelter many people into not wanting to speak and express themselves, especially when you cannot see the incentive. I believe for people like Poe and myself, expressing our inner most thoughts cannot be contained by the boundaries of school and are meant to be heard, in one form or another. 

     I have been able to express myself through poetry and written rhyme (hip hop music) for years now, and with that work, I have gained more and more confidence. 

Title: Love
Written By: Jordan Simmons

Thoughts wondering, mind racing
Arm pits sweaty, nervousness pounding away in my chest
Wondering why I’m not thinking about her breast
I realized it was because I wanted to be
What beats in her chest
Her HEART!
Which I believe is so bright
It can shine through oil at night
I felt love from the start
I swore it was beating deep down in my heart
Would go to the edge of the earth and
Fall off just to have you
Will break my back and kill demons for you.
Just call me Tom Cruise on Oprah’s couch
For WHO? For YOU?
That special girl out there
The one I need to survive like no other
My love runs deep so deep
Some nights I can’t even sleep!
Because I want to be your heart and the
Reason why it beats.
 Your love so sweet.


To check out more artistic expression from me, Neo - Edgar Allan Poe , check out my Tumblr -- theleadmovement.tumblr.com

THANK YOU EDGAR ALLAN POE FOR CREATING A GREAT VIEW OF ARTISTIC EXPRESSION THROUGH YOUR POETRY.


No comments:

Post a Comment